MAPublisher Training Course Outline
Complete the training registration form to reserve your place in any upcoming course. You can also call us at 1-800-884-2555 to speak to one of our training coordinators.
Who should attend
- cartographers using GIS data
- existing MAPublisher users who want to experience the new features of the latest version of MAPublisher
- existing MAPublisher users who want to get the most out of their MAPublisher license
- GIS professionals who want to produce better quality maps
- anyone making maps that wants to leverage the benefits of this powerful software
Cost of the two day training course is US$1000 per person. Discounts are available to groups of three or more from the same organization and for returning students desiring a refresher or update. Major credit cards are accepted.
- Hands-on training takes place in a modern computer lab where computers and all required software are provided.
- Discounts are available for 3 or more attendees from the same organization and for returning students desiring a refresher or update.
- MAPublisher training courses are taught by Avenza Systems product specialists with the latest release of MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator CS6 on Windows (unless otherwise noted).
- Attendees will learn the fundamentals of MAPublisher and learn how to use all of its features.
- Attendees will also receive basic instruction on the use of Adobe Illustrator as it relates to MAPublisher and cartographic production. A basic knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is recommended, but not required.
- Attendees are encouraged to bring his or her own datasets. There will be some time during the end of the course to discuss these with an instructor.
- Attendees that are Mac users may opt to bring his or her own Mac and software. Avenza can provide a Mac version of MAPublisher to use during training.
- Classes may be cancelled up to seven business days prior to the confirmed training date (depending on the number of reservations received).
Sample training course agenda
- Introductions and Company Overview
- MAPublisher Overview (product concept)
- Key Functionality (powerpoint presentation)
- Introduction to Adobe Illustrator CS5
- MAPublisher for Adobe Illustrator Training overview
- Getting Started
- Transform MAP Data
- Style MAP Data
- Edit and Add MAP Data
- Export GIS Data
- Working with MAP Attributes
- MAP Themes
- MAP Selections
- Line and Drawing Tools
Day 2Session 4
- Labeling Functions
- MAPublisher LabelPro
- Working with Images
- Scale Bar, North Arrow, Legends
- Grids, Graticules and Indexes
- Export to Web - Flash and HTML5
- Export to Geospatial PDF
- Digitize from Images
- Review concepts, answer questions, discuss ideas
- Class conclusion